Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Brian Geffon <br...@apache.org> on 2012/01/27 07:16:52 UTC

TS-1035: Ready to commit? Comments Please.

Hi All,

While trying to use ATS with a very large number of ports (350+) ATS will
segfault as a result of running out of event threads with no type of check
or assertion. The patch submitted to fix this bug solves that problem,
additionally, it allows MAX_EVENT_THREADS and MAX_THREADS_PER_TYPE to be
configured via ./configure. Furthermore, to allow trafficmanager to be able
to pass a full list of file descriptors to traffic_server I had to expose
ARG_MAX via get conf so that local manager could fully generate the -A file
descriptor list.

This is a relatively small patch; however, I was hoping I could get a few
eyes to check it out because I don't have much experience with
autoconf/automake and I wanted to make sure everyone is okay with the
approach.

Thanks.
Brian

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1035

Re: TS-1035: Ready to commit? Comments Please.

Posted by Brian Geffon <br...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I see. My mistake I'll make sure to do an svn up before asking for
feedback next time :) I'll get a new patch asap.

Brian

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.

> My patch was developed and tested against trunk. I'm a little confused because the -A option was working 2 days ago, is there a new commit that I missed? Was it your TS-1077?

Yes.

Re: TS-1035: Ready to commit? Comments Please.

Posted by Brian Geffon <bg...@linkedin.com>.

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.