Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2013/03/04 06:34:32 UTC

Re: IRC channel registered: #mesos on Freenode

Thank you for setting this up, Adam.

Any folks in there as of yet?

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Adam Monsen <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 03/03/2013 09:34 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Thank you for setting this up, Adam.
>
> Any folks in there as of yet?

Just two right now, including me. Someone else stopped in last week, I
think it was Joe Smith.

I gather that almost all Mesos development happens in one office. This
was a similar to how things worked when I was a developer on a project
called Mifos. One company sponsored most all Mifos development, and we
often used internal communication tools or face-to-face contact. We had
to constantly remind ourselves to go out of our way to use our IRC
channel and mailing lists. We even did dev meetings on public
videoconference calls. It was a lot of extra work when we could just
talk in person with whiteboards and whatnot, but it was exactly this
effort that grew the Mifos community.

Anyway, I hope it's useful to imagine how the solutions we found with
Mifos could also apply to Mesos.