Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by hmatu <hm...@foxmail.com> on 2020/01/26 18:13:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove HoodieWriteClient

Hi guys,

As we know, hudi project contains HoodieWriteClient and HoodieSparkSource level framework. But may 99% user just use HoodieSparkSource except for uber. So I suggest remove HoodieWriteClient. WDYT?

Thanks
Hmatu

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove HoodieWriteClient

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
yes. we will continue to invest in both is what I am trying to get across..
Agree 100% that spark datasource is a primary entry point for users

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
The datasource and deltastreamer are all built on top of the
HoodieWriteClient.. So, we cannot remove it. Plus, the RDD level API is
actually more efficient for ingesting data from say Kafka. We can go from
avro to parquet or avro to avro directly (as opposed to avro -> row ->
parquet, or avro -> row -> avro). This is one of the reasons for Hudi's