Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/07 22:17:01 UTC

WS-I Basic profile error

I have a WSDL that passes WS-I basic profile validation when run from the latest version of soapUI.  I have a partner using .Net to consume the service that gets an error when trying to create a Web Reference to it.  I'm trying to debug the problem for him and found that the Microsoft wsdl.exe tool is complaining that the WSDL does not conform to the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1.  The errors indicate the operations have no matching binding but I cannot see the errors.  Can someone lend a hand?  This has me stumped.  The WSDL is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions name="imageViewService"
 targetNamespace="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
 xmlns:tns="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"

    <wsdl:types>
        <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
         elementFormDefault="qualified"
         xmlns:tns="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
         targetNamespace="http://ws.myco.com/imageview">

            <!--  Reference all the schemas -->
            <xsd:include schemaLocation="availableImagesRequest.xsd"/>
            <xsd:include schemaLocation="availableImagesResponse.xsd"/>
            <xsd:include schemaLocation="imagesRequest.xsd"/>
            <xsd:include schemaLocation="imagesResponse.xsd"/>

            <!-- Define simple types used in SOAP request/response here. -->

            <xsd:complexType name="AuthenticationType">
                <xsd:sequence>
                    <xsd:element name="user" type="tns:UserType" />
                    <xsd:element name="password" type="tns:PasswordType" />
                </xsd:sequence>
            </xsd:complexType>

            <xsd:simpleType name="EchoRequestType">
                <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                    <xsd:maxLength value="100" />
                </xsd:restriction>
            </xsd:simpleType>

            <xsd:simpleType name="PasswordType">
                <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                    <xsd:minLength value="5" />
                    <xsd:maxLength value="10" />
                </xsd:restriction>
            </xsd:simpleType>

            <xsd:simpleType name="UserType">
                <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                    <xsd:minLength value="5" />
                    <xsd:maxLength value="10" />
                </xsd:restriction>
            </xsd:simpleType>

            <!-- Define SOAP message names here. -->

            <!-- Authentication SOAP Header  -->
            <xsd:element name="auth" type="tns:AuthenticationType" />

            <!-- General Fault -->
            <xsd:element name="generalError" type="xsd:string" />

            <!-- Schema Validation Fault -->
            <xsd:element name="schemaError" type="xsd:string" />

            <!-- Echo Request Type -->
            <xsd:element name="echoRequest" type="tns:EchoRequestType" />
            <!-- Echo Response Type -->
            <xsd:element name="echoResponse" type="xsd:string" />
        </xsd:schema>
    </wsdl:types>

    <!-- Define SOAP messages here. -->

    <!-- ============= Authentication SOAP Header ============= -->
    <wsdl:message name="authenticationMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:auth" name="authentication" />
    </wsdl:message>

    <!-- ============= General Fault ============= -->
    <wsdl:message name="generalErrorMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:generalError" name="fault" />
    </wsdl:message>

    <!-- ============= Schema Validation Fault ============= -->
    <wsdl:message name="schemaErrorMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:schemaError" name="fault" />
    </wsdl:message>

    <!-- ============= Echo ============= -->
    <wsdl:message name="echoRequestMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:echoRequest" name="echoRequest" />
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:message name="echoResponseMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:echoResponse" name="echoResponse" />
    </wsdl:message>

    <!-- ============= Available Images ============= -->
    <wsdl:message name="availableRequestMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:availRequest" name="availableRequest" />
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:message name="availableResponseMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:availResponse" name="availableResponse" />
    </wsdl:message>

    <!-- ============= Document Images ============= -->
    <wsdl:message name="imagesRequestMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:imgRequest" name="imagesRequest" />
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:message name="imagesResponseMsg">
        <wsdl:part element="tns:imgResponse" name="imagesResponse" />
    </wsdl:message>

    <!-- Define operations (one way or round-trip) here. -->

    <wsdl:portType name="imageViewPortType">
        <wsdl:operation name="echo">
            <wsdl:input name="echoRequest" message="tns:echoRequestMsg" />
            <wsdl:output name="echoResponse" message="tns:echoResponseMsg" />
        </wsdl:operation>

        <wsdl:operation name="imageCheck">
            <wsdl:input name="availableRequest" message="tns:availableRequestMsg" />
            <wsdl:output name="availableResponse" message="tns:availableResponseMsg" />
            <wsdl:fault name="generalErrorMessage" message="tns:generalErrorMsg" />
            <wsdl:fault name="schemaErrorMessage" message="tns:schemaErrorMsg" />
        </wsdl:operation>

        <wsdl:operation name="imageView">
            <wsdl:input name="imagesRequest" message="tns:imagesRequestMsg" />
            <wsdl:output name="imagesResponse" message="tns:imagesResponseMsg" />
            <wsdl:fault name="generalErrorMessage" message="tns:generalErrorMsg" />
            <wsdl:fault name="schemaErrorMessage" message="tns:schemaErrorMsg" />
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:portType>

    <!-- Define implementation details. -->

    <wsdl:binding name="imageViewBinding" type="tns:imageViewPortType">
        <wsdl:documentation>
            <wsi:Claim conformsTo="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1" xmlns:wsi="http://ws-i.org/schemas/conformanceClaim/" />
        </wsdl:documentation>
        <soap:binding style="document" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />

        <wsdl:operation name="echo">
            <soap:operation soapAction="http://ws.myco.com/echo" style="document" />
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap:body parts="echoRequest" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body parts="echoResponse" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>

        <wsdl:operation name="imageCheck">
            <soap:operation soapAction="http://ws.myco.com/imagecheck" style="document" />
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap:header message="tns:authenticationMsg" part="authentication" use="literal" />
                <soap:body parts="availableRequest" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body parts="availableResponse" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:output>
            <wsdl:fault name="generalErrorMessage">
                <soap:fault name="generalErrorMessage" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:fault>
            <wsdl:fault name="schemaErrorMessage">
                <soap:fault name="schemaErrorMessage" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:fault>

            <soap:operation soapAction="http://ws.myco.com/imageview" style="document" />
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap:header message="tns:authenticationMsg" part="authentication" use="literal" />
                <soap:body parts="imagesRequest" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body parts="imagesResponse" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:output>
            <wsdl:fault name="generalErrorMessage">
                <soap:fault name="generalErrorMessage" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:fault>
            <wsdl:fault name="schemaErrorMessage">
                <soap:fault name="schemaErrorMessage" use="literal" />
            </wsdl:fault>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>

    <!-- Define web service URL here and bind the port to this service. -->

    <wsdl:service name="ImageViewService">
        <wsdl:documentation>Image retrieval service</wsdl:documentation>
        <wsdl:port binding="tns:imageViewBinding" name="imageViewPort">
            <soap:address location="https://www.myco.com/imageretrieval/services/ImageViewService" />
        </wsdl:port>
    </wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

---------------------------------

Re: WS-I Basic profile error

Posted by Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com>.
That made the errors disappear.

  Thanks so much for the tip!

Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:  I think you're seeing these errors because you haven't specified the name
attribute on your binding input and output elements.

For example,

/>

message="tns:availableResponseMsg" />

/>

style="document" />

use="literal" />

Lawrence

"T. Allen"
04/08/2008 11:01 AM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: WS-I Basic profile error

Below is the output.

Warning: This web reference does not conform to WS-I Basic Profile v1.1.
R2718: A wsdl:binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST have the same set of
wsdl:operations as the wsdl:portType to which it refers.
  -  Operation 'imageCheck' on portType 'imageViewPortType' from namespace
'http://ws.myco.com/imageview' has no matching binding.
  -  Operation 'imageView' on portType 'imageViewPortType' from namespace
'http://ws.myco.com/imageview' has no matching binding.
  -  Operation 'imageCheck' on binding 'imageViewBinding' from namespace
'http://ws.myco.com/imageview' has no matching operation on portType
'imageViewPortType' from namespace 'http://ws.myco.com/imageview'.
  -  Operation 'imageCheck' on binding 'imageViewBinding' from namespace
'http://ws.myco.com/imageview' has no matching operation on portType
'imageViewPortType' from namespace 'http://ws.myco.com/imageview'.
  -  Operation 'imageView' on binding 'imageViewBinding' from namespace
'http://ws.myco.com/imageview' has no matching operation on portType
'imageViewPortType' from namespace 'http://ws.myco.com/imageview'.
  -  Operation 'imageView' on binding 'imageViewBinding' from namespace
'http://ws.myco.com/imageview' has no matching operation on portType
'imageViewPortType' from namespace 'http://ws.myco.com/imageview'.

Thanks very much for any help.

wrote:

>> I have a WSDL that passes WS-I basic profile validation when run from
the
>> latest version of soapUI.  I have a partner using .Net to consume the
>> service that gets an error when trying to create a Web Reference to it.
 I'm
>> trying to debug the problem for him and found that the Microsoft
wsdl.exe
>> tool is complaining that the WSDL does not conform to the WS-I Basic
Profile
>> 1.1.  The errors indicate the operations have no matching binding but I
>> cannot see the errors.  Can someone lend a hand?  This has me stumped.
The
>> WSDL is below.
>>

>>  targetNamespace="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
>>  xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
>>  xmlns:tns="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
>>  xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
>>  xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>>

>>          elementFormDefault="qualified"
>>          xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>>          xmlns:tns="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
>>          targetNamespace="http://ws.myco.com/imageview">
>>

>>             here. -->

type="tns:PasswordType" />

/>

/>

/>

/>

message="tns:echoResponseMsg"
>> />
>>

>> message="tns:availableRequestMsg" />
>>
>> message="tns:availableResponseMsg" />
>>
>> message="tns:generalErrorMsg" />
>>
>> message="tns:schemaErrorMsg" />

message="tns:imagesRequestMsg"
>> />
>>
>> message="tns:imagesResponseMsg" />
>>
>> message="tns:generalErrorMsg" />
>>
>> message="tns:schemaErrorMsg" />
>>

>> xmlns:wsi="http://ws-i.org/schemas/conformanceClaim/" />
>>

>> transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
>>

>> style="document" />
>>

>> style="document" />
>>

>> part="authentication" use="literal" />

>> style="document" />
>>

>> part="authentication" use="literal" />

>>     -->
>>

>>         Image retrieval
service

---------------------------------

Re: WS-I Basic profile error

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

"T. Allen" <bi...@verizon.net>

Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> Please provide the specific error(s).
>
> Anne
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> I have a WSDL that passes WS-I basic profile validation when run from
the
>> latest version of soapUI.  I have a partner using .Net to consume the
>> service that gets an error when trying to create a Web Reference to it.
 I'm
>> trying to debug the problem for him and found that the Microsoft
wsdl.exe
>> tool is complaining that the WSDL does not conform to the WS-I Basic
Profile
>> 1.1.  The errors indicate the operations have no matching binding but I
>> cannot see the errors.  Can someone lend a hand?  This has me stumped.
The
>> WSDL is below.
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <wsdl:definitions name="imageViewService"
>>  targetNamespace="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
>>  xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
>>  xmlns:tns="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
>>  xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
>>  xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>>
>>     <wsdl:types>
>>         <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
>>          elementFormDefault="qualified"
>>          xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>>          xmlns:tns="http://ws.myco.com/imageview"
>>          targetNamespace="http://ws.myco.com/imageview">
>>
>>             <!--  Reference all the schemas -->
>>             <xsd:include schemaLocation="availableImagesRequest.xsd"/>
>>             <xsd:include schemaLocation="availableImagesResponse.xsd"/>
>>             <xsd:include schemaLocation="imagesRequest.xsd"/>
>>             <xsd:include schemaLocation="imagesResponse.xsd"/>
>>
>>             <!-- Define simple types used in SOAP request/response
here. -->

>>             <xsd:complexType name="AuthenticationType">
>>                 <xsd:sequence>
>>                     <xsd:element name="user" type="tns:UserType" />
>>                     <xsd:element name="password"
type="tns:PasswordType" />

Re: WS-I Basic profile error

Posted by "T. Allen" <bi...@verizon.net>.