Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jay Parashar <BP...@slb.com> on 2016/09/22 19:38:07 UTC

SolrJ App Engine Client

I sent a similar message earlier but do not see it. Apologize if its duplicated.

I am unable to connect to Solr Cloud zkhost (using CloudSolrClient) from a SolrJ client running on Google App Engine.
The error message is "java.nio.channels.SocketChannel is a restricted class. Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details."

Is there a workaround? Its required that the client is SolrJ and running on App Engine.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks

RE: [Ext] Re: SolrJ App Engine Client

Posted by Jay Parashar <BP...@slb.com>.
I am on java 7. As the GAE states, the SocketChannel is not on Google's white list.

Stackoverflow (the 2nd link you sent) suggests to re-invent the class. I will see if I come up with anything.
Thanks John.

Two possibilities from a quick search on the error message - both point to GAE NOT fully supporting Java 8

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__stackoverflow.com_questions_29528580_how-2Dto-2Ddeal-2Dwith-2Dapp-2Dengine-2Ddevserver-2Dexception-2Ddue-2Dto-2Dformatstyle-2Drestricted-2Dcl&d=CwIBaQ&c=uGuXJ43KPkPWEl2imVFDmZQlhQUET7pVRA2PDIOxgqw&r=bRfqJEeedEKG5nkp5748YxbNMFrUYT3YiNl0Ni2vUBQ&m=FjaUoU-i-tiL8deMoKceLKxX-kgXBObYvgMAjZnac8A&s=5lMIyl1JJEfNqZSe80DnJ4PwWt_tpBoq3l6ZjM2EQBM&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__stackoverflow.com_questions_29543131_beancreationexception-2Dthrowed-2Dwhen-2Dtrying-2Dto-2Drun-2Dmy-2Dproject&d=CwIBaQ&c=uGuXJ43KPkPWEl2imVFDmZQlhQUET7pVRA2PDIOxgqw&r=bRfqJEeedEKG5nkp5748YxbNMFrUYT3YiNl0Ni2vUBQ&m=FjaUoU-i-tiL8deMoKceLKxX-kgXBObYvgMAjZnac8A&s=EkfJOFmbVi4fwdp1mBAnpIXC1XHnT8_eN6Jsz1PvDhw&e=

Posted by Jay Parashar <BP...@slb.com>.
No, it does not.

The error is (instead of SocketChannel) is now

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.net.ProxySelector is a restricted class

And it's during an actual query (solrClient.query(query);)

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: SolrJ App Engine Client

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29528580/how-to-deal-with-app-engine-devserver-exception-due-to-formatstyle-restricted-cl
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29543131/beancreationexception-throwed-when-trying-to-run-my-project

Re: SolrJ App Engine Client

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
As per this doc, socket are allowed for paid apps. Not sure if this would
make it unrestricted.

https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/sockets/