Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Daniel Gonzalez <go...@gonvaled.com> on 2012/06/20 18:30:16 UTC

Requesting only new changes

Hello,

I am subscribing to the _changes API. My database is quite big, and each
time I restart my client, I get all old notifications. I only need the new
notifications, since the moment that I subscribe to the feed.

I have seen that there is a "since" parameter, but this is not helping me
further, because I do not know what is the last document sequence number.
So I would need one of the following:

- a method to get the last sequence number to use as value for "since"
- a flag to tell the _changes API to just give me the changed *from now
on*. This would be the most clean solution, since it saves me a request to
get the since parameter (which can be outdated anyway very fast). Is there
something like this?

Thanks and regards,
Daniel

Re: Requesting only new changes

Posted by Daniel Gonzalez <go...@gonvaled.com>.
Added:

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Gonzalez <go...@gonvaled.com>.
Thanks,

I ended up going the GET /dbname route
I guess there is no specific flag for the _changes API to request future
changes...

BR,
Daniel

Posted by "Johannes J. Schmidt" <sc...@netzmerk.com>.