Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Vincent A. Juliano" <vj...@optonline.net> on 2015/01/18 17:26:40 UTC

open office cannot be opened

Hi  Folks,

I was using my Mac with an OS X 10.9.5, 5 GB memory and an Open Office version 4.1.1.  In the middle of my using my Mac this morning I got a familiar   dialogue box

			 “The application”OpenOffice” can’t be opened"

About three weeks ago this happened and one of open Office respondents mentioned that perhaps I was using an older version of OO 4. and that I would download a newer version which had corrected this particular problem.  I’m sure I did that. In checking as above, I’m in the O4.1.1 version and the problem has returned..     Now how do I get my Open office operating again.

I would appreciate any help. Please be as simple and as specific possible in reply .  I can beat the stuffing’s out of Open Office as a word processor BUT doing anything else particularly in changing anything else…..I do have a problem.

Respectfully,
Vince Juliano