Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ed Park <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/14 02:55:32 UTC

Editing default page for new users

Hi all,
I've modified the default user page
(WEB-INF/psml/user/turbine/html/default.psml) to have
two entries that point to two JSP pages.  Problem is,
when I create a new user and get displayed the home
page for the first time, none of my content gets
displayed.  The content displays properly however if I
manually add the portlets from the customizer.
What's the problem?  Using 1.3a2.

thanks.

Re: Editing default page for new users

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Ed,
2 common problem can be predicted for this issue..

1. See, is your jetspeed is connected to the internet.

there is a feed daemon in jetspeed that will synch RDF from the internet...

if you not connect to the internet, see the cache folder in WEB-INf, is it
blank..

so, connect to the internet, and it will fixed,,,

or... you can modify the Jetspeed properties, to false the cache.. but this
will slow down the jetspeed... i forgot the setting, but there is...

2. your xreg is not well formed...

try to check it,, try xmlspy..it is a great tools..

Frans

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>