Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2007/05/21 09:33:56 UTC

email is great for offline-ness (was: Re: [VOTE] Change "Mentor" to "Mentors" in Incubator Policy)

On May 21, 2007, at 8:26 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Just an FYI - I haven't followed the jira flow terribly well,
> mostly because
> it takes an order of magnitude longer in time to parse a Jira
> incident rather
> than approve a patch posted to the list.  If you could at least
> attach the
> patch delta (and let folks review the full html via the Incubator
> incident)
> I'd have cycles to be much more involved.

Same here. I often process a lot of e-mail on the train, where I
don't have enough of an internet connection to be able to look
through jira, and jira notifications are really hard to read,
especially without access to the issue.

cheers,

Leo