Posted to builds@apache.org by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> on 2022/09/06 22:01:08 UTC

Re: [Hosting] MAINTENANCE: Network Uplink migration to LinkOregon - Tuesday, Sep 6 2200 UTC

We're going to be doing this outage here in the next 5-10 minutes. Wish us luck!

--
Lance Albertson
Director

Re: [Hosting] On going IPv6 issues with some subnets

Posted by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org>.
I have confirmed this has fixed the problem for IPv6 on the affected
subnets.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 3:15 PM Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> LinkOregon will be pushing a fix for this tonight at midnight PDT.
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 2:22 PM Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I wanted to send you an update on where we're at with the migration. We
>> appear to have hit some kind of bug on the LinkOregon side where any of our
>> IPv6 subnets above a certain range just don't work outside of the router.
>> They have a case open with the vendor and they are looking into it. I've
>> reached out to the affected parties and they're all OK with waiting until
>> it gets resolved (even if it's a few days away).
>>
>> Something else I noticed until this morning was that our email relays had
>> grabbed a SLAAC IPv6 address and were using it instead of the statically
>> assigned one. This resulted in some email not getting delivered to gmail
>> addresses due to their rules with IPv6 (i.e. no reverse DNS or included in
>> SPF). I resolved this at around 9:30AM PDT so any mail onward should have
>> gone through.
>>
>> I should also note that we have enabled IPv6 on _one_ OpenStack subnet
>> (public6 on OpenPOWER) that is _also_ affected by this outage. We are in
>> the process of testing IPv6 on OpenStack and hope to have this available
>> system wide in a few weeks (assuming this current issue is resolved soon).
>> We _will_ be utilizing SLAAC for the OpenStack instances once we have that
>> ready so make sure your VMs are ready for that.
>>
>> I will also be updating the reverse DNS entries for all of our gateways
>> soon to reflect the new physical paths. So you may notice that if you're
>> doing any kind of traceroute.
>>
>> Thanks for your patience and please let us know if you have any
>> additional questions or issues since our change yesterday.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 6:04 PM Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I have an update on some issues we did discover after the fact. For
>>> now, everything with IPv4 seems to be 100% OK. Please let me know if
>>> that isn't the case.
>>>
>>> We did however have SLAAC enabled for a while on the other subnets
>>> where we normally didn't have it enabled. So if you see an IPv6
>>> address that is automatically assigned but it's not routable, that
>>> would be the case.
>>>
>>> HOWEVER, we are having some very strange issues with IPv6 on _some_ of
>>> the subnets. We weren't able to track down the root cause today and
>>> will try tomorrow.
>>>
>>> As of right now, it seems that this is only happening on the following
>>> IPv6 subnets:
>>>
>>> 2605:bc80:3010:200::/64 (Gentoo)
>>> 2605:bc80:3010:400::/64 (Drupal)
>>> 2605:bc80:3010:401::/64 (Drupal Virt)
>>> 2605:bc80:3010:600::/64 (Fedora)
>>> 2605:bc80:3010:700::/64 (OSM)
>>> 2605:bc80:3010:a00::/64 (Buildbot/RTEMS)

Posted by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org>.
All,

Posted by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org>.
All,