Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com> on 2013/09/02 22:28:51 UTC

Javascript initialization error

Hello again,

I'm writting this because I thing this is another error that has nothing
to do with previous I have reported.

Javascript is failing because rave is not initializated.

<script>
     rave.init();
     rave.RegionWidget.defaultView = 'home';

     $(function() {
         rave.initPageEditorStatus(true);
         rave.layout.init();
         rave.renderWidgets('home');
     });
</script>
<script>rave.models.currentPage.set({id: 1, ownerId: 1, viewerId: 1}, {silent:true})</script>
<script>rave.models.currentPage.addInitData('1', true)</script>

I red is what's failing. I've seen some e-mails about refactoring
javascript initialization to use AMD. I've seen the code and seems to be
in place.
Bootstrap is done in previous script:

<script>
     require(["rave", "jquery", "bootstrap"], function (rave, $) {

         rave.setContext("/level2-rave-overlay-portal/app/");

         rave.setDefaultHeight(250);

         rave.setViewer({username: "gaguilar", id: "1"});

         $(function(){
             rave.init();
         });

         rave.setDebugMode(1);
     });
</script>

I don't know if this is working well and rave.init() got called but it seems it's not to me. Also the core of rave does not seem to be called.

I'm using an old version artifact project upgraded to use version 0.23-SNAPSHOT maybe this has something to do.

Does it work for you?

Best regards,

Re: Javascript initialization error

Posted by Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com>.
With the release of Rave 0.23, the development team will be
introducing breaking changes to the client side scripts. All scripts
are being written as AMD modules and using require.js as the script
loader. Any implementation that wishes to update to Rave 0.23 will
need to refactor any scripts (files or embedded in jsp's) to require
their dependencies before making use of them.

With that in mind, I would not expect the first set of script blocks
that you linked to work.

Does that answer your question?