Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Rishi Agarwal <ri...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/17 09:38:24 UTC

Can we use openoffice documents directly in the openmeetings without converting them?

In openmeetings the openoffice documents are first converted into pdf and
swf formats before getting dislpayed on the white board. Can we display the
contents directly in the office documents form and make the changes in the
files that will be visible to the other participants in the conference.

--
Rishi Agarwal
3rd Year Undergraduate

RE: Can we use openoffice documents directly in the openmeetings without converting them?

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Hi Rishi,

Isn't that what George replied already?

Screen sharing (live screens) will enable you all to share the one
document in its native form.

Best Regards

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Rishi,

Yes I do understand.  But for OpenMeetings, the only way you can share
the "actual" document while it is being edited is via "Screen Sharing",
because the only way to edit a document is in the document's actual
program, e.g. Microsoft Excel document can be edited by Microsoft Excel,
and by OpenMeetings screen sharing Excel from your desktop, all users
can view it while you edit it.

If you want other users to be able to edit the document, then allow them
to remote control the shared screen.

This does work quite effectively, as long as people have patience, as
screen sharing is not fast, but it does work.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Posted by Rishi Agarwal <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hey,