Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Becky Gibson <gi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 19:46:33 UTC

Looks like major changes to Capture spec

from the W3C newsletter:

The Media Capture API Note Published

   22 March 2012 | Archive

   http://www.w3.org/News/2012#entry-9394

   The Device APIs Working Group has published a Group Note of
   "The Media Capture API." This specification defined an
   Application Programming Interface (API) that provided access to
   the audio, image and video capture capabilities of the device.
   Development on it has stopped, and further work is taking place
   as part of “getusermedia: Getting access to local devices that
   can generate multimedia streams”. Learn more about the
   Ubiquitous Web Applications Activity.

   http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-media-capture-api-20120322/
   http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia
   http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/

Not sure what will happen to image capture as I quick read of the
getUserMedia shows just audio and video.

Re: Looks like major changes to Capture spec

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
You can see a demo of getUserMedia() in Chrome, it's prefixed
webkitGetUserMedia.
BUT you have to launch Chrome with certain args. Here's how to do it:

    open -b com.google.chrome --args --enable-media-stream

Demo link:
    http://miernicki.com/cam.html

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.