Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Benjamin Calvot <be...@cr2.com> on 2009/03/27 12:38:32 UTC

exec on devenv.exe does not output anything

Hi everyone,

I am running an Ant script from Luntbuild in order to build an Visual Studio 8 solution (set of projects).
When I run "devenv.exe Complete.sln /build Release" from a command line I get the output of the build in the DOS box, but when I run the same command with an <exec> task it does not output any single line:

	<exec dir="${basedir}\Complete" executable="devenv.exe" failonerror="true">
		<arg line="Complete.sln /build Release"/>
	</exec>

Cheers,
Benjamin

CR2

RE: exec on devenv.exe does not output anything

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Benjamin

2 options
1)
Running as an Administrative User

If you wish to run as an administrative user, you must make the following changes to the configuration:Create an experimental hive by running the following vsregex command:
vsregex getorig 9.0 exp
Remove the /ranu switch from the command line for all configurations.(look at menu option you will see devenv.exe /RANU option)

In
the project file,
-change the property RegisterWithCodebase to false,

-the property GacTargetOutput to true,
-and the property RegisterWithRANU
to false.

			2)
implement /RANU option that Microsoft prescribes for starting devenv.exe
http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb932482.aspx

Viel Gluck,
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

> From: benjamin.calvot@cr2.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:38:32 +0000
> Subject: exec on devenv.exe does not output anything
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am running an Ant script from Luntbuild in order to build an Visual Studio 8 solution (set of projects).
> When I run "devenv.exe Complete.sln /build Release" from a command line I get the output of the build in the DOS box, but when I run the same command with an <exec> task it does not output any single line:
>
> 	<exec dir="${basedir}\Complete" executable="devenv.exe" failonerror="true">
> 		<arg line="Complete.sln /build Release"/>
> 	</exec>

> Cheers,
> Benjamin
>
> CR2

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.

RE: exec on devenv.exe does not output anything

Posted by Lucas Albers <sm...@hotmail.com>.
Enable the devenv log output:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241272(VS.80).aspx
Devenv.exe /log "C:\My Files\MyLog.txt"

I am running an Ant script from Luntbuild in order to build an Visual Studio
8 solution (set of projects).
When I run "devenv.exe Complete.sln /build Release" from a command line I
get the output of the build in the DOS box, but when I run the same command
with an <exec> task it does not output any single line:

	<exec dir="${basedir}\Complete" executable="devenv.exe"
failonerror="true">
		<arg line="Complete.sln /build Release"/>
	</exec>

I also tried to run a "cmd.exe /C devenv.exe Complete.sln /build Release"
with <exec> but the result is the same. Do you have an idea why <exec>, in
this particular situation, does not grab any output from the command? I have
other <exec> in my build script (mkisofs, cmd, cvs tag) and they all work
fine regarding the output...

Cheers,
Benjamin

CR2