Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tobias Grasl <to...@grasl.com> on 2009/09/16 16:46:35 UTC

Active?

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask whether PDFBox is still undergoing active
development? There have been no news items for a while.

I am using it in an app to add PDFs to Lucene, but there are a few
issues and I want to make sure I am not flogging a dead horse.

Cheers,

Toby

Re: Active?

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Very much active!

See the bug-tracking (jira) link at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/pdfbox.html for a number of issues
resolved.

The latest code has LOTS of improvements over the 0.7.3 version that was
last released.  And Andreas is finalizing a release of 0.8.0.

Re: Active?

Posted by Hannes Erven <h....@gmx.at>.
Hi Tobias,

> Just wanted to ask whether PDFBox is still undergoing active
> development? There have been no news items for a while.

If you take a look at this very mailing list, the issue tracker or the
source commits you'll see that this is in fact a very active project.

In a few days time the 0.8 version be released.

If you currently experience any issues with a 0.7 pdfbox, try to search
JIRA for them and try the svn checkout and/or the 0.8.0 release
candidates. If the problems persist, you will find this mailing list
very responsive and helpful once you post any details ;-)

best regards,

	-hannes