Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/12/01 14:20:23 UTC

Plans for 9.0.0.M14 and 8.5.9

Hi,

It is the start of a new month so I'm planning to tag 9.0.0.M14 and
8.5.9 soon(ish). As usual, I want to work through the open bug reports
and any other known issues first.

I suspect the actual tags will be next week at the earliest. R�my
mentioned Async timeouts + HTTP/2 as a possible root cause of a bug and,
while the OP wasn't using HTTP/2, I took a quick look and there appears
to be some work required in that area. On the basis anything async
related is rarely quick and simple, my guess is that it will take into
next week to fix this along with the open bugs.

Mark

Re: Plans for 9.0.0.M14 and 8.5.9

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> It is the start of a new month so I'm planning to tag 9.0.0.M14 and
> 8.5.9 soon(ish). As usual, I want to work through the open bug reports
> and any other known issues first.

IMO 8.5.8 is not really usable due to 60372 so +1 for a release.

> I suspect the actual tags will be next week at the earliest. Rémy
> mentioned Async timeouts + HTTP/2 as a possible root cause of a bug and,
> while the OP wasn't using HTTP/2, I took a quick look and there appears
> to be some work required in that area. On the basis anything async
> related is rarely quick and simple, my guess is that it will take into
> next week to fix this along with the open bugs.
>
> The stream had a big setSocketWrapper(null) so that's why I asked, but
actually it's the same at the end of a regular HTTP/1.1 request when
recycling the processor. So there's a race between that and the removal in
the waitingProcessor set which occurs during processing. So it could be
enough to skip over if the socketWrapper is null in AstractProcessor.
doTimeoutAsync.

Rémy