Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2007/09/01 02:09:15 UTC

[VOTE] Move trunk to sandbox

Hi,

Due to continuing independent development in trunk by Filip, I am
calling for a second vote to move it to the sandbox, where Filip could
continue developing his ideas in a non disruptive way. I think the whole
thing has been debated pretty extensively in the previous vote.

Following this, debate should take place to determine if a new main
trunk is needed, and if commit procedure changes would be good
(personally, I do like Jean-Frédéric's ideas).

<ballot>
[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1
</ballot>

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Move trunk to sandbox

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to continuing independent development in trunk by Filip, I am
> calling for a second vote to move it to the sandbox, where Filip could
> continue developing his ideas in a non disruptive way. I think the
> whole thing has been debated pretty extensively in the previous vote.
>
> Following this, debate should take place to determine if a new main
> trunk is needed, and if commit procedure changes would be good
> (personally, I do like Jean-Frédéric's ideas).
>
> <ballot>
> [ X] +1

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Yes, its clear and vote to move tomcat/trunk to a sandbox branch!

Peter

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

We need a stable TC 6.x, experimental code should go to some sort of
incubation land

Re: [VOTE] Move trunk to sandbox

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
+1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> <ballot>
> [X] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
> </ballot>

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Move trunk to sandbox

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hey,

On 8/31/07, Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> calling for a second vote to move it to the sandbox, where Filip could
> <ballot>
> [ X ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
> </ballot>

Let's get done with this and move on ;)

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Move trunk to sandbox

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Remy Maucherat" <re...@apache.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Due to continuing independent development in trunk by Filip, I am calling
> for a second vote to move it to the sandbox, where Filip could continue
> developing his ideas in a non disruptive way. I think the whole thing has
> been debated pretty extensively in the previous vote.
>
> Following this, debate should take place to determine if a new main trunk
> is needed, and if commit procedure changes would be good (personally, I do
> like Jean-Fr�d�ric's ideas).
>
> <ballot>
> [X] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
> </ballot>

I agree that the competing Comet implementations should have their own
sandbox entries for now, and allow code-Darwanism determine the one for
6.next or 7.0 (whichever comes first).  At the moment it is clear that the
current trunk (aka Filip's sandbox) can't be released due to lack of
community support, so there is no reason to call it "trunk".  I'd be infavor
of having a "trunk" that contains the Geronimo injection changes, but as
Remy said that is a separate [VOTE].  (And for the httpd lurkers on the
list, yes, we used to be a Jakarta project, so we are still very vote-happy
:).