Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/09/07 14:30:40 UTC

[m2] war plugin config question

Continuing on a theme, my directory layout looks like this:

com/acme/proj/
         MyApp.java, resources/, webapp/

i.e. the webapp directory is also in with the source code - therefore
I would like to persuade the war plugin of this. I added the
following section to my pom:

     <build>
             <sourceDirectory>.</sourceDirectory>
            <plugin>
                 <version>2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
                 <configuration>
                     <warSourceDirectory>${sourceDirectory}/
webapppppppppp/</warSourceDirectory>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>

Running m2 install resulted in a failure as it was still looking in
the wrong place. In fact it wasn't even looking for my misspelled
webappppppppp directory, which leads me to believe it isn't taking
any notice of the variable.

Have I specified the configuration correctly??

Is there a GUI for these POMs because I sure hate fiddling with
them!!!!!!!!

Re: [m2] war plugin config question

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
In this case the standard layout doesn't work for me as I am working
off a single source tree, i.e. just one directory called com. Hence I
need a pom file at each package that represents an artifact.

The sourceDirectory I'm trying to use isn't from war, it's the tag
just under <build>. Don't know if I can refer to a variable from
further up, but my point is even when I specify crazy text it doesn't
(seem to) pick up on it. However I just tried specifying an absolute
directory and that worked, although I don't like it.

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.