Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/10/21 11:45:12 UTC

JavaScriptInterpreter vs. FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter

Can anyone please give me short hint/pointer why we have
so two classes that look very identical?

Thanks
Carsten

Re: JavaScriptInterpreter vs. FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Can anyone please give me short hint/pointer why we have so two classes that look very identical?

FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter is the one that implements the FOM (Flow
Object Model), and the only one that should actually be used.

A good thing would be to remove the current JavaScriptInterpreter and
replace it by the FOM_JavaScriptIntepreter. But I fear that is will
break many applications that rely on the FOM_Cocoon object.

We should have better designed this with interfaces...

Sylvain

Re: JavaScriptInterpreter vs. FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter

Posted by Per-Olof Noren <pe...@alma.nu>.
On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 11:45, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Can anyone please give me short hint/pointer why we have
> so two classes that look very identical?

I thought (when looking for a solution to my ClassCastException) that
this was intentional in order to be able to migrate a complete and
possible smaller package.

2 cents worth anyway

Regards,
Per-Olof Norén
Curalia AB

RE: JavaScriptInterpreter vs. FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> > From: Carsten Ziegeler
> >

> >>Can anyone please give me short hint/pointer why we have
> >>so two classes that look very identical?
> >

> > The Javascript-Interpreter is the *old* one that doesn't implement the
> > later introduced FOM. For compatibility reasons I haven't deleted it yet
> > although it has never been published but maybe some early adopters used
> > it and I wanted to give them some time to make the changes.
> >
> > In 2.2 we can delete it, what do you think for 2.1?
> >
> > Reinhard
>
> Delete it in 2.2, deprecate it in 2.1.

+1

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> From: Carsten Ziegeler
>

>>Can anyone please give me short hint/pointer why we have
>>so two classes that look very identical?
>

> The Javascript-Interpreter is the *old* one that doesn't implement the
> later introduced FOM. For compatibility reasons I haven't deleted it yet
> although it has never been published but maybe some early adopters used
> it and I wanted to give them some time to make the changes.
>
> In 2.2 we can delete it, what do you think for 2.1?
>
> Reinhard

Delete it in 2.2, deprecate it in 2.1.

Joerg

--
System Development
VIRBUS AG

RE: JavaScriptInterpreter vs. FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
From: Carsten Ziegeler