Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by manbeing <my...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/21 21:01:58 UTC

evaluate variables

I have some difficulties to evaluate variables either in property file or
jmeter test case. Can someone help me out?

In User.Properties file:

Num=1
Address=URL${num}.go.com

Jmeter is uanble to evaluate {num} here and complaines URL${num}.go.com is
bad

--------------------
In test plan (User Defined Variables):

Variable: FileName   Value: ${__P(sFileName,test.cvs)}
variable: FullPath   Value: ${__P(sFullPath,c:\${FileName})}

error message: unable to find file "C:\${FileName}"

Then I use V function like this:   ${__P(sFullPath,${__V(c:\${FileName})})}
error message: cannot save it. Please see log file.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Re: evaluate variables

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/07/2009, manbeing <my...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have some difficulties to evaluate variables either in property file or
>  jmeter test case. Can someone help me out?
>
>  In User.Properties file:
>
>  Num=1
>  Address=URL${num}.go.com

The above are both properties, not variables.

>  Jmeter is uanble to evaluate {num} here and complaines URL${num}.go.com is
>  bad

That is expected behaviour.

>  In test plan (User Defined Variables):
>
>  Variable: FileName   Value: ${__P(sFileName,test.cvs)}
>  variable: FullPath   Value: ${__P(sFullPath,c:\${FileName})}

Variables in UDVs are not available until the element has been fully processed.