Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nikita Mironov <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 13:50:42 UTC

Assigning ip address

Hi, All.

Create an instance, and I can manually assign any ip address in the subnet.
How can this be avoided? Can be hard to assign ip address? Or as in this
case, to trace ip address?

Thanks.

RE: Assigning ip address

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.
In DeployVMCmd API, looks like you can specify IP in default network.
    @Parameter(name=ApiConstants.IP_ADDRESS, type=CommandType.STRING, description="the ip address for default vm's network")
    private String ipAddress;
I'm not sure if it works, you might want to try it out.
CS UI doesn't provide this feature.

-Anthony