Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org> on 2012/08/08 08:46:57 UTC

[VOTE] Moving source control from svn to git

I would like to propose moving our repository from SVN to GIT (everything will still be handled by Apache, it's just repository format change). Apache Infrastructe team requires one volunteer from the project to actively participate in that process and I would like to volunteer myself.

Please vote

[] +1 Yes - Sqoop should move to GIT and Jarcec should be the volunteer
[] +0 Abstain - I don't have a preference
[] -1 No - Sqoop should not move to GIT

Re: [VOTE] Moving source control from svn to git

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier

Posted by Ben Flint <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johnny Zhang <xi...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Will McQueen <wi...@cloudera.com>.
+1 git

Re: Fwd: [VOTE] Moving source control from svn to git

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
I believe it is available for Incubator projects. I've seen S4 get
onto it in its early phases, for example.

I'm personally not against any movement on earth that wants to switch
to Git from SVN.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
> Being a git aficionado I'd love for this to happen for Bigtop. Two questions:
>    * is this available for incubating projects?
>    * anybody against it?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

Harsh J

Fwd: [VOTE] Moving source control from svn to git

Posted by "Neelavar Rao, Rakesh" <Ra...@csgi.com>.
+1

I would like to propose moving our repository from SVN to GIT (everything will still be handled by Apache, it's just repository format change). Apache Infrastructe team requires one volunteer from the project to actively participate in that process and I would like to volunteer myself.

Please vote

[] +1 Yes - Sqoop should move to GIT and Jarcec should be the volunteer
[] +0 Abstain - I don't have a preference
[] -1 No - Sqoop should not move to GIT

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD756D.23B03D10]
Jarek Jarcec Cecho<ma...@apache.org>
August 8, 2012 8:46 AM
I would like to propose moving our repository from SVN to GIT (everything will still be handled by Apache, it's just repository format change). Apache Infrastructe team requires one volunteer from the project to actively participate in that process and I would like to volunteer myself.

Please vote

[] +1 Yes - Sqoop should move to GIT and Jarcec should be the volunteer
[] +0 Abstain - I don't have a preference
[] -1 No - Sqoop should not move to GIT

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

________________________________
All emails in this message string and any attachments are the confidential information of CSG Systems International, Inc. (CSG), or its affiliates and subsidiaries, and may contain privileged and/or confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete it immediately and notify the sender; unintended recipients are not authorized to read or otherwise use the information contained herein.

RE: [VOTE] Moving source control from svn to git

Posted by "Babu, Prashanth" <Pr...@nttdata.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Prashanth.