Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Andres Galeano <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/05 16:18:04 UTC

Prevent SVN users from checking into a tag.

Hello,

I'd like to submit a patch to include this pre-commit hook in SVN.

This script will prevent SVN users from checking into a tag.  A "tag" is
considered to be under the "tags" folder and not under the "branches" or
"trunk" folder.

I think many people will find this useful.  It's saved me from making
mistakes many times.

-Andy

------------
Andres Galeano, Software Engineer

Email: andres.galeano@versatile.com

Versatile Systems, Inc.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
http://www.versatile.com
------------

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2070643

Re: Prevent SVN users from checking into a tag.

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@hyrumwright.org>.
Andres,
Thanks for your interest in sharing this with the Subversion
community.  A script like this would generally live in the contrib/
portion of our repository.  However, due to the widespread
availability of external hosting services and websites, we've found
that it's easier and better to point contributions outside of core
Subversion to those resources.  contrib/ will be disappearing soon, so
I'd recommend you post your script somewhere online, and then
distribute that link, possibly through the users mailing list at users@subversion.tigris.org

Thanks,
-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2070721