Posted to users@maven.apache.org by musixianxon <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/02 10:26:23 UTC

please help

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

No versions are present in the repository for the artifact with a range
[2.1,)
  commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:null

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.org (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  jaspersoft (http://www.jasperforge.org/maven2)

Path to dependency:
        1)
org.codehaus.mojo:jasperreports-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2
        2) jasperreports:jasperreports:jar:3.1.0

what should i do with this error?thanks in advance

Re: please help

Posted by musixianxon <mu...@yahoo.com>.
here my details last sept 01, 2011 my maven completed for build the project
after a day without changes the repository my maven didn't work properly and
this the error everytime  i build the project.

  Ibiblio (http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2),
  Central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
  codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/mojo/),
  codehaus.org (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  jaspersoft (http://www.jasperforge.org/maven2)

Path to dependency:
        1)
org.codehaus.mojo:jasperreports-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2
        2) jasperreports:jasperreports:jar:3.1.0

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: No versions are
present in the repository for the artifact with a range [2.1,)
  commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:null

from the specified remote repositories:
  Ibiblio (http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2),
  Central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
  codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/mojo/),
  codehaus.org (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  jaspersoft (http://www.jasperforge.org/maven2)

Path to dependency:
        1)
org.codehaus.mojo:jasperreports-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2
        2) jasperreports:jasperreports:jar:3.1.0

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:711)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
        at
        at
        at
        at

Re: please help

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> No versions are present in the repository for the artifact with a range
> [2.1,)
>  commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:null

Commons-collections definitely has 2.1 (and later) versions in Central:
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22commons-collections%22%20AND%20a%3A%22commons-collections%22

Not sure why you're having problems. You didn't really provide enough
detail. Try "mvn -U" next time to force some updates.

Wayne