Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2005/03/17 12:24:04 UTC

Multiproject and branched projects

Hi all,

I have my project checked out as two branches.  I have myproject and
myproject-M4.  In both, the artifactId is "myproject", however the
version tags distingush between the two.

However, when I attempt to run multiproject over them, it doesn't pick
up the second "myproject-M4", I assume because it builds a set of
artifactId's, which would mean it would only find "myproject".

Is this just a limitation of Multiproject?  Is there any way of making
it a list of projects in the Reactor instead of a set?

Eric

Re: Multiproject and branched projects

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
It's not a limitation, it's a feature :)

Really, the reactor should fail on duplicates and have an option to
allow them to both be built.

But it will also require making sure the project sorting works correctly.

- Brett