Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Meadors <La...@plumcreek.com> on 2003/03/06 00:43:28 UTC

Re: Unable to Compile JSP with Tomcat 4.1.21 & JDK 1.4.1_01

Are there spaces in your catalina_home. or java_home environment
variables? That may be messing things up.

Larry

>>> imran@sibisoft.com 03/05/03 16:38 PM >>>
Hi,

I am getting the following error when I try to access JSP pages.

here is the error message:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] javac: invalid flag: D:\Program
    [javac] Usage: javac
    [javac] where possible options include:
    [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info
    [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging
info
    [javac]   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings
    [javac]   -verbose                  Output messages about what the
compiler is doing
    [javac]   -deprecation              Output source locations where
deprecated APIs are used
    [javac]   -classpath          Specify where to find user class files
    [javac]   -sourcepath         Specify where to find input source
files
    [javac]   -bootclasspath      Override location of bootstrap class
files
    [javac]   -extdirs            Override location of installed
extensions
    [javac]   -d             Specify where to place generated class
files
    [javac]   -encoding       Specify character encoding used by source
files
    [javac]   -source          Provide source compatibility with
specified
release
    [javac]   -target          Generate class files for specific VM
version
    [javac]   -help                     Print a synopsis of standard
options

My application works fine with 4.1.18 and earlier versions.

Do I need to do additional configuration with 4.1.21?

Thanks,
Imran

RE: Unable to Compile JSP with Tomcat 4.1.21 & JDK 1.4.1_01

Posted by Imran Balkhi <im...@sibisoft.com>.
Hi Larry,

Here are my environment variables

JAVA_HOME = C:\j2sdk1.4.1
CATALIINA_HOME = D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1

Imran