Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <pu...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/31 10:04:24 UTC

Signing multiple files(images, sounds, HTML files, and CSS files)

Hi all,

I want to generate a detached signature for several files of the above
types. Going through archives I tried following.

*sig.addDocument("/home/pushpalanka/Wookie/trunk/README",transforms,
Constants.ALGO_ID_DIGEST_SHA1 );*
*
*
But it gives the error,
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.xml.security.signature.ReferenceNotInitializedException: Content
is not allowed in prolog.
Original Exception was
org.apache.xml.security.signature.ReferenceNotInitializedException: Content
is not allowed in prolog.
Original Exception was
org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
Original Exception was
org.apache.xml.security.transforms.TransformationException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
Original Exception was
org.apache.xml.security.c14n.CanonicalizationException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
Original Exception was org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.calculateDigest(Reference.java:710)
 at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.generateDigestValue(Reference.java:396)
 at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Manifest.generateDigestValues(Manifest.java:206)
 at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.sign(XMLSignature.java:595)

I am grateful for any guidance on the correct way to do this.
--
Pushpalanka Jayawardhana | http://pushpalankajaya.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Pushpalanka | Slideshare:
http://www.slideshare.net/Pushpalanka

Re: Signing multiple files(images, sounds, HTML files, and CSS files)

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Try not using any Transform at all, e.g.:

*sig.addDocument("file:/home/pushpalanka/Wookie/trunk/README", null,
Constants.ALGO_ID_DIGEST_SHA1 );*
*
Colm.
*

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <
pushpalankajaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Colm,
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanation.
> I am using
> TRANSFORM_C14N11_OMIT_COMMENTS - "http://www.w3.org/2006/12/xml-c14n11"
> algorithm.
>  With you guidance I tried to read more on canonicalization transform for
> non XML files, but failed to find any useful resource. Any comments will be
> so helpful.
>

> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>wrote:
>

>> The problem is that you are trying to apply an XML canonicalization
>> transform to data that is not XML. What algorithm(s) is/are in your
>> transform list?
>>
>> Colm.
>>

>> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <
>> pushpalankajaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I get the same error as of previous mail for mp3 files and when I give
>>> the URL of an image file following error occurs.
>>>
>>> Exception in thread "main"
>>> org.apache.xml.security.signature.ReferenceNotInitializedException: Invalid
>>> byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>>> Original Exception was
>>> org.apache.xml.security.signature.ReferenceNotInitializedException: Invalid
>>> byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>>> Original Exception was
>>> org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: Invalid byte 1 of
>>> 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>>> Original Exception was
>>> org.apache.xml.security.transforms.TransformationException: Invalid byte 1
>>> of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>>> Original Exception was
>>> org.apache.xml.security.c14n.CanonicalizationException: Invalid byte 1 of
>>> 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>>> Original Exception was
>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of
>>> 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Signing multiple files(images, sounds, HTML files, and CSS files)

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
On 6/1/12 2:42 PM, "Jean-Luc Cooke" <jl...@certainkey.com> wrote:

>There are none for non XML files.

There are none because the spec doesn't rely on them. If you sign raw
bytes, the reference is to an octet-stream, with no Transforms, and so the
digest is done over those octets directly.

The only reason it would break is if you specified a transform that
requires a node set, and then it would be obligated to parse the octets
into XML.

-- Scott

Re: Signing multiple files(images, sounds, HTML files, and CSS files)

Posted by Jean-Luc Cooke <jl...@certainkey.com>.
There are none for non XML files.

Of you are bound an determined to sign raw bytes, you should use  CMS and BouncyCastle

Sent from my iPhone - exucse teh tpyos, I'm all thmuba

Posted by Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colm,

--
Pushpalanka Jayawardhana |

Re: Signing multiple files(images, sounds, HTML files, and CSS files)

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <pu...@gmail.com>.