Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2007/05/22 23:38:38 UTC

Re: FW: Velocity DBF

Hi,

yes, it is "user@velocity.apache.org", sorry that I sent you the wrong
address.

xi:include is XML Inclusions AFAIK. Is there an official release for
that / do the docbook style sheets support these at all?

I will give docbook 5 a look later this week; however ATM I'm pretty
tight on time so it will not be an in-depth look, sorry.

The latest style sheets are available from the snapshots link below; the
latest released versions (at least for docbook 4) have errors with FOP
which the snapshot does not have.

	Best regards
		Henning

Re: FW: Velocity DBF

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> writes:

>If you need to write a highly technical book, sure docbook is fine. For
>most everything else docbook is overkill.

What would you use? I only hear your constant snide remarks but I have
yet to see a single constructive comment. What is 'not overkill' in
your opinion.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: FW: Velocity DBF

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 23:38 +0200, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes, it is "user@velocity.apache.org", sorry that I sent you the wrong
> address.
>
> xi:include is XML Inclusions AFAIK. Is there an official release for
> that / do the docbook style sheets support these at all?

its an XML thing. It has nothing to do with docbook. Think of it like an
entity (not really, but close enough). If the parser supports it (most
available ones do) it is fine.

It is most disconcerting that people who don't know what they are doing
choose a framework like docbook for a project like velocity (and
everyone goes along). It is ridiculous, in fact. I suppose it is like
buying a hummer when all you need is to go to the store.

If you need to write a highly technical book, sure docbook is fine. For
most everything else docbook is overkill.

-Rob

-