Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/09 14:25:23 UTC

[users@httpd] LockFile

Hello,

I read the following in the configuration file:

""
# ServerRoot: The top of the directory tree under which the server's
# configuration, error, and log files are kept.
#
# NOTE!  If you intend to place this on an NFS (or otherwise network)
# mounted filesystem then please read the LockFile documentation (available
# at <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mpm_common.html#lockfile>);
# you will save yourself a lot of trouble.
"

I don't intend to place this on an NFS mounted directory, but under ServerRoot I have links to other directories which are NFS mounted.
Should I also use LockFile in this case?

Thanks.

Octavian

Re: [users@httpd] LockFile

Posted by Eike Frost <ei...@kefro.st>.
Hi Octavian,

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Octavian Rasnita <or...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't intend to place this on an NFS mounted directory, but under
> ServerRoot I have links to other directories which are NFS mounted.
> Should I also use LockFile in this case?

This depends on which directories actually reside on NFS-mount. If the
logs-directory resides there, you should definitely change this directive;
you could place it in a new, local subdirectory of your ServerRoot named
lockfiles, for instance.

--eike