Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> on 2013/06/26 08:17:12 UTC

Hadoop Master node migration

Hi,
I want to move my master node alone from one server to another server. If i copy all the tmp, data directory and log information everything to the new server which has the same host name will it work properly? If not how should i do this server movement. Please help me to know this.

Thanks,
Manickam P

Re: Hadoop Master node migration

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manickam,

You need to copy the metadata also.

This works.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to move my master node alone from one server to another server.
> If i copy all the tmp, data directory and log information everything to
> the new server which has the same host name will it work properly?
> If not how should i do this server movement.
> Please help me to know this.
>

> Thanks,
> Manickam P

Varun Kumar.P

Re: Hadoop Master node migration

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manickam,

You need to copy the metadata also.

This works.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to move my master node alone from one server to another server.
> If i copy all the tmp, data directory and log information everything to
> the new server which has the same host name will it work properly?
> If not how should i do this server movement.
> Please help me to know this.
>

> Thanks,
> Manickam P

Varun Kumar.P

Re: Hadoop Master node migration

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manickam,

You need to copy the metadata also.

This works.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to move my master node alone from one server to another server.
> If i copy all the tmp, data directory and log information everything to
> the new server which has the same host name will it work properly?
> If not how should i do this server movement.
> Please help me to know this.
>

> Thanks,
> Manickam P

Varun Kumar.P

Re: Hadoop Master node migration

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manickam,

You need to copy the metadata also.

This works.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to move my master node alone from one server to another server.
> If i copy all the tmp, data directory and log information everything to
> the new server which has the same host name will it work properly?
> If not how should i do this server movement.
> Please help me to know this.
>

> Thanks,
> Manickam P

Varun Kumar.P