Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Alexander Jesse <al...@csfs.com> on 2001/07/02 20:47:08 UTC

calling a tag from custom-tag source

Hi,

I am looking for a way to call a tag from within the source-code of my
own custom tag.
Example: call a i18n-tag in a custom tag

So far I have not found a solution to this problem...

all hints are welcome
Alexander Jesse

Re: calling a tag from custom-tag source

Posted by Lavandowska <fl...@yahoo.com>.
I cannot think of a solution to this general issue,
but if you just want some i18n work done, check out the Resources
package in Jakarta-Commons. I think its currently in the sandbox,
but its the same code used in Struts.

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/resources/

--- Alexander  Jesse <al...@csfs.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to call a tag from within the source-code of
> my
> own custom tag.
> Example: call a i18n-tag in a custom tag
>
> So far I have not found a solution to this problem...

=====
Lance Lavandowska
Http://www.brainopolis.com/

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: calling a tag from custom-tag source

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Alexander Jesse wrote:

> I am looking for a way to call a tag from within the source-code of my
> own custom tag. Example: call a i18n-tag in a custom tag
>
> So far I have not found a solution to this problem...

There's currently no easy, standard way to do this.  Of course, you could
always instantiate a tag handler and use it just as the container does,
calling its accessor methods, doStartTag(), doEndTag(), and so on, as
appropriate.

Shawn