Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gerry Turner <go...@sbcglobal.net> on 2016/04/19 08:54:23 UTC

Fonts

Forgive me if this is a stupid question:  Is there a variety of fonts available with your WP program?  I’m one of those quirky people who are firmly attached to fixed space typewriter fonts.

Re: Fonts

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:54:23 -0500
"Gerry Turner" <go...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Forgive me if this is a stupid question:  Is there a variety of fonts available with your WP program?  I’m one of those quirky people who are firmly attached to fixed space typewriter fonts.

OpenOffice will use the fonts already installed on the computer.  It detects these when it is started up.  If you wish for a monospaced font, locate one that suits your taste, install it in the normal way for your operating system, then start OpenOffice and the font should be available to it.

Note that you may need to stop the OO Quickstarter if this is running in the background.  The easiest way to do this is to power down the computer (using the correct shutdown procedure), then power on again.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>