Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 13:55:18 UTC

Strange behaviour in menu item

Hi all,

In a menuappbar file I have following menu item:

        <menu-item name="GenerateShortProfile"
title="${uiLabelMap.GenerateSP}">
            <link
target="javascript:window.open(document.ExperiencesOverview.selectedExperiences.value,
'newwindow');" url-mode="plain"/>
        </menu-item>

When in the browser and I clik on the generated menu a new window is opened
and the expected result is shown (based on the generated url in field
selectedExperiences), but the originating window changes to a blank screen
with only

*[object Window]*

in stead of displaying the original page.

Somewhere I am doing something wrong, but what? And how do I resolve this?

Any pointer would be appreciated.

Regards,

Pierre

Re: Strange behaviour in menu item

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
I have resolved the issue.

Putting the javascript: window.open code in a js function and calling the js
function in the menu item delivered the solution.

Thanks.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scot,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Here you go:
 <menu-item name="GenerateShortProfile" title="${uiLabelMap.GenerateSP}">
    <link target="javascript:return document.ExperiencesOverview.selectedExperiences.value;" target-window="_blank" url-mode="plain"/>