Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2008/08/05 23:41:53 UTC

testing master slave configuration

Hello Active mq users ,
                   How do we test the Master/Slave configuration for an
embedded broker ?  What are the test cases/scenarios in this regard ?
One test case is that we can explicitly kill the master broker , by
terminating the java process which started the master broker , but the
other slave brokers would not come up as the java process is killed. Is
there a way we can stop the master broker without killing the java
process , so that the slave brokers can kick in and take over the
control?

Our embedded active mq broker uses a Master/slave SAN configuration as
described in
(http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html)

Please advise the correct method to be followed for testing.

thank you,
Suchitha