Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/10/10 15:28:02 UTC

Initial Board Report

I believe Harbs is out on holiday, and I should have made sure he sent
something like this before.

As a new Apache project, the PMC has to file board reports every month for
the first three months.  Some projects draft their board reports on a
wiki.  I think that's worth trying and I posted a rough draft/template
based on the Flex reports I used to file at [1].  Board Reports are due 7
days before the board meeting which would be this Wednesday the 11th, but
I think Harbs isn't back until the 12th.  Normally, other PMC members
could file the report for him, but I think being a day late isn't going to
be a big deal given we won't have much to report since the project didn't
really get launched until the last week or so of September, and this will
give Harbs a chance to try out the board reporting tools he will be using
for at least the next year.

Anyway, the rest of the PMC should try to reach agreement on the report so
when Harbs comes back it is mostly ready to be submitted.

Thanks,
-Alex

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Board-Report-2017-10

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Harbs,

I verified that it is there.  You might want to go back and take out the
Markdown 'markup' like the ## before each header.  And the last header had
its content moved onto the same line.  REFLOW seems to do that on
occasion.  Or you could just take the SECURITY section out as we didn't
have anything to report last time either.

Next step is to keep an eye open for comments on the board report.  I'm
not sure we get emailed when comments are added, so I watch the SVN change
emails for mention of the project name.

Lastly, I think what some projects do is, once they file a report, they
immediately make a copy of the report in their wiki and rename it for the
next report so folks can start adding to it as things happen during the
reporting period.  That way there isn't a mad scramble to remember what
happened, especially when we go three months between reports.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Filed.

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for working on this.

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hmm.  That is not my understanding.  This was discussed on private lists,
so let's go back to our private list and see if we can reach an
understanding.

-Alex

Re: Initial Board Report

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.