Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jon Ceanfaglione <Jc...@cisglobal.com> on 2004/09/08 23:07:06 UTC

Getting Started With Mailets

Hello,

I am going to be working on a project to create mailets to be used with
James.  My first mailet will be to strip attachments from emails with
destination addresses that match certain criteria. - any suggestions on
where to look for some good tutorials, introduction, etc??

Thanks.

Jon

The information contained in this communication is intended only for the use
of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this
communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of
its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original communication and any copy of it from your computer
system. Thank you.

Re: Getting Started With Mailets

Posted by Michael Motet <mi...@motet.dk>.
Hi Jon,

I have a project starting next month, where we have to extract
attachments, and place them in a database. So far I have not had time to
look into this issue, but will be glad to correspond on any ideas and
possible solutions.

-Michael

Posted by Intelekia <in...@intelekia.com>.
Hi,

Aside of the good documentation at James’ homepage, there’s a tutorial draft
written by Stephan Weisner (http://www.stephanwiesner.de/). It is for an
earlier James version (2.1.3) and the author doesn’t seem to maintain the
tutorial any more, but for me it has proven to be very helpful on learning
about mailets and matchers, hope it is the same for you.

I have posted it in the following address in case you might find it
interesting.

http://www.intelekia.com/misc/James.pdf

Best regards and good luck,

Isaac.