Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Irene Huang <ih...@acegain.com> on 2002/03/18 21:33:38 UTC

Can Admin add/edit/remove user?

Hello,

For now, can Admin add/edit/remove user?
If not, how could I delete the user account that appears in User Browser?
Has anyone implemented these functions yet?

Also, if I want to implement the Customization in portlet, how should I do
it?
I tried to reuse the same link:
($data.User.UserName)</a>
But the browser will not be able to find the link.

Any help will be appreciated!

Irene

Re: Can Admin add/edit/remove user?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.

Irene Huang wrote:

 > Paul,
 >

 > I have tried to login as "admin/jetspeed" and it will return to the
 > same page after i click on edit/remove/add user. where is the file
 > that control these functions? (maybe I have deleted needed classes...)

Works for me.  Try a clean install.

 > I can't find the html directory under
<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/"html"/hello-customize.vm,
 >  (I am using jetspeed 1.3a2)

Try <jetspeed-home>\WEB-INF\templates\vm\portlets\html

 > The error I got  using <a
href="$link.setPage("EditAccount")">$l10n.TOP_EDITACCOUNT

 > ($data.User.UserName)</a> : HTTP ERROR: 404 Not Found Could not find
 >  resource for /myjetspeed/$link.setAction(
 >
 > If I only want to add this "edit" function to one of the portlet,
 > and in my .xreg: <portlet-entry name="Edit User" hidden="false"
 > type="ref" 	parent="HTML" application="false"> 	<meta-info>
 > <title>Edit User</title> 	<description>Edit User</description>
 >
 > I put it under <jetspeed-home>/html, but where should I put my
 > editUser.vm?

This portlet will return the contents of editUser.vm.  If you are
looking for editUser.vm to be processed by Velocity, see the
HelloVelocify portlet for an example.  Also see the PortletCatalog
documentation, http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed

 > Irene

Paul Spencer

RE: Can Admin add/edit/remove user?

Posted by Irene Huang <ih...@acegain.com>.
Paul,

[...]

    	<url>/html/editUser.vm</url>
    </portlet-entry>

I put it under <jetspeed-home>/html, but where should I put my editUser.vm?

Irene

> For now, can Admin add/edit/remove user?

Yes, in the User browser under the security tab.

> If not, how could I delete the user account that appears in User Browser?
> Has anyone implemented these functions yet?

See above

> Also, if I want to implement the Customization in portlet, how should I do
> it?

<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/html/hello-customize.vm for the
HelloVelocity portlet)

> I tried to reuse the same link:
> <a
href="$link.setPage("EditAccount")">$l10n.TOP_EDITACCOUNT<jetspeed-home>/WEB
-INF/templates/vm/html/hello-customize.vm for the
HelloVelocity portlet)
> ($data.User.UserName)</a>
> But the browser will not be able to find the link.

What was the error message? What did the link evaluate to, i.e.
http://localhost/jespeed/portlet/...?

> Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Irene

Paul Spencer

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Can Admin add/edit/remove user?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

Irene Huang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For now, can Admin add/edit/remove user?

Yes, in the User browser under the security tab.

> If not, how could I delete the user account that appears in User Browser?
> Has anyone implemented these functions yet?

See above

> Also, if I want to implement the Customization in portlet, how should I do
> it?

This is dependent on the portlet registry definition.  By default
customization is limited to parameters that are NOT hidden, "hidden =
false" (See
<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/html/customizer-portlet.vm).  If
the file template'-customize.vm/jsp' template directory, then that
template is used by the customizer (see
<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/html/hello-customize.vm for the
HelloVelocity portlet)

> I tried to reuse the same link:
> ($data.User.UserName)</a>
> But the browser will not be able to find the link.

What was the error message? What did the link evaluate to, i.e.
http://localhost/jespeed/portlet/...?

> Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Irene

Paul Spencer