Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Jörg Wille <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/21 13:02:15 UTC

Apache Felix OSGi Tutorial using Declarative Services

3 tutorials on the Felix tutorial site (
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-tutorial.html)
are supposed to be online "soon". But the site was last modified in 2007.

I am especially interested in the tutorial "A bundle that implements a
spell checker service using Declarative Services".
Can anyone point me to a similar tutorial?

Re: Apache Felix OSGi Tutorial using Declarative Services

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hey, I know exactly how it goes. How many patches did I not process in
the end that I promised to look at in FOP world or other projects I'm
involved in... You're right: nagging helps, but a volunteer/committer has
only so much time and energy. There's no room for hard feelings when
one's work falls between the cracks. It's just how things are. And it's
best never to make any promises. ;-)

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
Also have a look at
https://github.com/bdelacretaz/OSGi-for-mere-mortals by Bertrand. A
working example which demonstrates most of the features of SCR

Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Apache Felix OSGi Tutorial using Declarative Services

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 9/21/12 07:02 , Jörg Wille wrote:
> 3 tutorials on the Felix tutorial site (
> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-tutorial.html)
> are supposed to be online "soon". But the site was last modified in 2007.

Yeah, I guess that was more wishful thinking and a plea for someone to
contribute some docs...

> I am especially interested in the tutorial "A bundle that implements a
> spell checker service using Declarative Services".
> Can anyone point me to a similar tutorial?

A google search for "osgi declarative services tutorial" brings up a bit
for me...

-> richard

Re: Apache Felix OSGi Tutorial using Declarative Services

Posted by Jörg Wille <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply and the missing tutorial!