Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Peter Smith <pe...@fast.fujitsu.com.au> on 2005/04/11 06:39:42 UTC

FindBugs

Dear devs,

Try running FindBugs tool [http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/] over the
Axis source code.

I just ran it against Axis1.2 beta 3 and it found numerous issues. Maybe
some of these are already addressed in more recent source.....or maybe not.

Regrds,
Peter

This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, ABN 27 003 693 481. It is confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. No one else may read, print, store, copy or forward all or any of it or its attachments. If you receive this email in error, please return to sender. Thank you.

Re: FindBugs

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.
>Try running FindBugs tool [http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/] over the
>Axis source code.
>I just ran it against Axis1.2 beta 3 and it found numerous issues. Maybe
>some of these are already addressed in more recent source.....or maybe not.

good idea! But beware, FindBugs is very very picky. There's no harm in
fixing everything it finds, but if the list is large it'd be helpful
to prioritize a bit.