Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <GS...@syr.edu> on 2005/05/19 20:22:24 UTC

[Digester] Initializing statics

Hi,

I have a class that has a static initializer the loads a rather large
file (this is in a library class) and I would like to initialize it with
the file via Digester.  Right now, I create a dummy object of that class
and then apply a CallMethodRule invoking the init method with the
attribute containing the file name.  While this works, seems like a
waste to construct the dummy object.  Is there a preferred way to pass
configurable arguments to a static method on a class?

Thanks,
Grant

Re: [Digester] Initializing statics

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 14:22 -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a class that has a static initializer the loads a rather large
> file (this is in a library class) and I would like to initialize it with
> the file via Digester.  Right now, I create a dummy object of that class
> and then apply a CallMethodRule invoking the init method with the
> attribute containing the file name.  While this works, seems like a
> waste to construct the dummy object.  Is there a preferred way to pass
> configurable arguments to a static method on a class?

Sorry, Grant, but I don't understand. Perhaps you could provide some
code demonstrating what you're trying to achieve?

Regards,

Simon