Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com> on 2016/09/26 20:10:59 UTC

Re: Trafodion 2.0.1 Sandbox

HI there All-

I was able to reduce the size of the Trafodion 2.0.1 sandbox by half! Its
new size is less than 7 GB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt3c321ee7audqg/trafodion_201.ova?dl=0

Thanks! Hope this will be easier for everyone to use now!

*Instructions *

   1. Download sandbox (this will take a bit of time :))
   2. Import Sandbox into VirtualBox
   3. *Under "Settings-> Network" you will need to toggle these settings to
   match your set up, so that you have an internet connect on the VM and a way
   to access the VM via putty/winscp etc. This will take some experimenting on
   your part. HDP has issues starting up if this isn't set correctly.*
   4. Start VM
   5. Select "other" at log in: root/traf123 or log in as trafodion/traf123
   6. Open Firefox -> Open Ambari (localhost:8080) (admin/admin) -> Start
   All services
   7. Once everything is started open a terminal -> hbase shell -> status
   (If no errors come up then everything started correctly... *do not try
   to start Trafodion if HDFS/HBase* has not come up).
   8. sudo su trafodion
   9. sqstart
   10. sqlci -> create table -> get table

Amanda

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>
wrote:

> Hi there All-
>
> I have created a Trafodion 2.0.1 VirtualBox VM with HDP 2.3
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij70vomlt1123d8/trafodion_2.0.1.ova?dl=0
>
> *Instructions *
>

>    1. Download sandbox (this will take a bit of time :))
>    2. Import Sandbox into VirtualBox
>    3. *Under "Settings-> Network" you will need to toggle these settings
>    to match your set up, so that you have an internet connect on the VM and a
>    way to access the VM via putty/winscp etc. This will take some
>    experimenting on your part. HDP has issues starting up if this isn't set
>    correctly.*
>    4. Start VM
>    5. Select "other" at log in: root/traf123 or log in as trafodion
>    /traf123
>    6. Open Firefox -> Open Ambari (localhost:8080) (admin/admin) -> Start
>    All services
>    7. Once everything is started open a terminal -> hbase shell -> status
>    (If no errors come up then everything started correctly... *do not try
>    to start Trafodion if HDFS/HBase* has not come up).
>    8. sudo su trafodion
>    9. sqstart
>    10. sqlci -> create table -> get table
>
> Might be needed: http://trafodion.apache.org/port-assignment.html
>
> Thanks! Let me know if you have any issues or feedback :)

> Amanda Moran

Amanda Moran

RE: Trafodion 2.0.1 Sandbox

Posted by "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi...@esgyn.cn>.
Great progress! Thanks Amanda.

Thanks,
Eason

wrote:

> Hi there All-
>
> I have created a Trafodion 2.0.1 VirtualBox VM with HDP 2.3
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij70vomlt1123d8/trafodion_2.0.1.ova?dl=0
>
> *Instructions *
>

>    1. Download sandbox (this will take a bit of time :))
>    2. Import Sandbox into VirtualBox
>    3. *Under "Settings-> Network" you will need to toggle these settings
>    to match your set up, so that you have an internet connect on the VM and a
>    way to access the VM via putty/winscp etc. This will take some
>    experimenting on your part. HDP has issues starting up if this isn't set
>    correctly.*
>    4. Start VM
>    5. Select "other" at log in: root/traf123 or log in as trafodion
>    /traf123
>    6. Open Firefox -> Open Ambari (localhost:8080) (admin/admin) -> Start
>    All services
>    7. Once everything is started open a terminal -> hbase shell -> status
>    (If no errors come up then everything started correctly... *do not try
>    to start Trafodion if HDFS/HBase* has not come up).
>    8. sudo su trafodion
>    9. sqstart
>    10. sqlci -> create table -> get table
>
> Might be needed: http://trafodion.apache.org/port-assignment.html
>
> Thanks! Let me know if you have any issues or feedback :)

> Amanda Moran

Amanda Moran

RE: Trafodion 2.0.1 Sandbox

Posted by "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi...@esgyn.cn>.

wrote:

> Hi there All-
>
> I have created a Trafodion 2.0.1 VirtualBox VM with HDP 2.3
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij70vomlt1123d8/trafodion_2.0.1.ova?dl=0
>
> *Instructions *
>

>    1. Download sandbox (this will take a bit of time :))
>    2. Import Sandbox into VirtualBox
>    3. *Under "Settings-> Network" you will need to toggle these settings
>    to match your set up, so that you have an internet connect on the VM and a
>    way to access the VM via putty/winscp etc. This will take some
>    experimenting on your part. HDP has issues starting up if this isn't set
>    correctly.*
>    4. Start VM
>    5. Select "other" at log in: root/traf123 or log in as trafodion
>    /traf123
>    6. Open Firefox -> Open Ambari (localhost:8080) (admin/admin) -> Start
>    All services
>    7. Once everything is started open a terminal -> hbase shell -> status
>    (If no errors come up then everything started correctly... *do not try
>    to start Trafodion if HDFS/HBase* has not come up).
>    8. sudo su trafodion
>    9. sqstart
>    10. sqlci -> create table -> get table
>
> Might be needed: http://trafodion.apache.org/port-assignment.html
>
> Thanks! Let me know if you have any issues or feedback :)

> Amanda Moran

Amanda Moran