Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Carsten Schinzer <ca...@dcs-verkaufssysteme.de> on 2020/05/25 09:06:05 UTC

Difficulties to support the Community Days

Hello all,

Admittedly I have been away for a very long time and things have changed.
I seem to be having difficulties to contribute to the Community Days, but maybe simply rookie issues, so any helping hand is appreciated.

I have this status:
* OFBiz code bases (framework and plugins) cloned from git
* local framework testing completed
* JIRA Access working - I can see and follow the current sprint
* Confluence Access working - surprising after almost 9 years of silence; that’s what I call continuity :)

I am stuck here:
1) While I can see Jira tickets, when I want to investigate commits, I need to log on to Fishbowl, but that appears to be a new account. Who can grant me access?

2) I do see the three main branches on git, but I fail to see any (feature or bug) branches with ongoing development. Are you working with local branching and limiting the main branch interactions to pull requests? Am I just missing permission?

Thanks for helping me to get up to speed.
Warm regards

Carsten

Re: Difficulties to support the Community Days

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Thanks Carsten.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <ca...@dcs-verkaufssysteme.de>.

:)

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <ca...@dcs-verkaufssysteme.de>.
Hi,

Thanks indeed - #2 explains and is valid practice, just needed to know.

Ad 1 - The following is what I get, when I click on the commits link on any JIRA ticket with existing commits a popup dialog opens (I use that inside my work evironment to investigate on the code level). Example:
OFBIZ-11715: 1 unique commit
Authenticate to see related commits

Please log in to approve this application: fisheye <https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/applinks/oauth/login-dance/authorize?applicationLinkID=3b515deb-9c05-3575-992e-07c19ddeb26f>

That is how I came to ask about Fisheye …

Maybe this is an unwanted side effect on the tooling side?
Warm regards

Carsten

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Carsten,