Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jyoti Bansal <jb...@netlens.com> on 2000/12/11 23:57:46 UTC

problem with non-english characters on solaris

Hi all,

I am using some non-english characters in HTTP request POST data. When I
post it to the servlet and do a request.getParameter() in the servlet code,
I get all the non-English characters replaced by a '?'.

This is happening when the Tomcat is running on Solaris. I have tried using
Tomcat with Apache and also Tomcat standalone.
If I run the same servlet on Windows NT and use the same non-English
characters it works fine.

Can you please suggest me what can be wrong?
I am using internationalized version of JDK and have made sure that i18n.jar
is in classpath , if that could be a reason.

Has anyone seen such a problem before?

Thanks

Jyoti K. Bansal
Software Engineer
NetLens Inc.

RE: problem with non-English characters on Solaris

Posted by "G.Nagarajan" <gn...@dkf.de>.
hi,
try setting the Locale to the language you are using in your servlet before
the request.getParameter(),
it works fine on windows for me.

Regards,
Nagaraj.