Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Arroyo <ma...@hypermall.net> on 2001/04/06 23:27:53 UTC

J2EE?

Hi,

I am new to Tomcat. I want to develop J2EE applications. Does tomcat support
J2EE?
If so how do I configure it to use J2EE? Thanks in advance!

Mark

Re: J2EE?

Posted by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca>.
Mark Arroyo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Tomcat. I want to develop J2EE applications. Does tomcat support
> J2EE?
> If so how do I configure it to use J2EE? Thanks in advance!
>
> Mark

Hi :-)  I remember:
   - J2EE RI 1.3beta uses TC4.0 as "built-in" Servlet container
   - jboss can auto-start and work with TC(3/4?)
   - I guess you also can use TC as a "independent" Servlet container
      and use JNDI(default is in TCP 1050?) to work with your EJB
      container.

Bo
Apr.06, 2001