Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/11 18:42:57 UTC

Interesting requirement

I just presented Synapse at ApacheCon (attached). One of the attendees
asked if we can allow him to explicitly refresh the registry cache.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Interesting requirement

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul and Asankha,

I think that is an interesting feature and we can do that by either with or
without an explicit method in the Registry. What we need to do is get the
Properties of the registry (which returns a Map) and set each and every
property value to null and then call the getProperty method. This can be
done without an explicit method in the interface.

But if there is no restriction on the interface I also think it is better to
have that method in the interface level..... and as Asankha said we can have
an admin service to call this method... (I think it is better to have a
refreshCache method in the Property class as well so that the registries
corresponding method can call that property method)

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Yes