Posted to users@maven.apache.org by is_maximum <mn...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/26 12:10:25 UTC

release plugin doesnt update parent pom

Hi
Consider a multi-module project with a root pom.xml and this root pom has
another parent pom.xml which is considered as separated project

<parent>
	<groupId>com.foo.core</groupId>
	<artifactId>core-parent</artifactId>
	<version>0.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
</parent>

when executing release:prepare however the command asks to update this
parent dependency to 0.0.3-SNAPSHOT but in action no changes I can see and
this parent pom version remains intact

is this a bug or I missed something here?

-----
--
Regards

Mohammad Norouzi

Help each other to reach the future faster

http://pixelshot.wordpress.com Pixelshot Photoblog

http://brainable.blogspot.com Brainable Blog

Re: AW: release plugin doesnt update parent pom

Posted by is_maximum <mn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks
Well this definitely works but here in our company there are more than 15
projects each developed by a team and the parent dependencies placed in
core-parent are actually needed for all the projects and they are considered
as our local framework so I can't ask each project manager to move down all
the parent dependencies. This also contradicts the project inheritance
claimed by Maven2

As I know this sort of inheritance is used in same Maven project. In
repository I can see each component in Maven is inherited from a parent and
even that parent is inherited from another one.

And May I create an improvement in your issue tracker to set the default
asnwer of following question to yes?

There are still some remaining snapshot dependencies.: Do you want to
resolve them now? (yes/no) no:

And can you give me a link about that weld build? I can't find anything
useful about it

Thanks

-----
--