Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/07/08 23:26:47 UTC

Updates to Wiki

Hi all,

I recently went through the process of setting up my development
environment and would like to propose the following changes to the wiki.

Page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide
Under the "Testing Ambari" section, the first step should be to run
"vagrant init"

The link to the trunk ambari repo has moved forward from
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.1.dev/ambari.repo
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.7.0.trunk/ambari.repo
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fdev.hortonworks.com%2Fambari%2Fcentos6%2F1.x%2Fupdates%2F1.6.1.dev%2Fambari.repo&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE4XPdQGD-IETCcuzGkeH2gvhAuVw>

Page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development
Under the "Tools needed to build Ambari" section, there should be a couple
of more prereqs:
* xCode should be the first item if using Mac OS X (get it through the
apple store)

Tip: In order to persist your changes to the JAVA_HOME environment variable
and add Maven to your path, create the following files,
~/.profile

> source ~/.bashrc

~/.bashrc

> export PATH=/usr/local/apache-maven-3.0.5/bin:$PATH

export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)

Yusaku had posted a comment that needs to be propagated to the wiki,

>    1. cd $AMBARI_DIR/ambari-web
>    2. rm -rf node_modules
>    3. npm install
>    4. brunch build
>
> Without that, I would get compilation errors.

A much simpler build command is
mvn clean package -DskipTests

--
[image: Hortonworks, Inc.] <http://hortonworks.com/> *Alejandro Fernandez
<af...@hortonworks.com>**Engineering - Ambari*

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Updates to Wiki

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
Thank you!
:)
Erin

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Erin,

You now have write access on the Ambari Wiki.

Thanks,
Yusaku

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I also need the ability to edit the wiki, please.
> My id is eboyd.
> Thanks,
> Erin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Updates to Wiki

<af...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Requesting access to edit wiki...
>
> Thanks,
> Alejandro Fernandez
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Alejandro Fernandez <
> afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> I sent the message prematurely, revisions inline.
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Alejandro Fernandez <
>> afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I recently went through the process of setting up my development
>>> environment and would like to propose the following changes to the wiki.
>>> Please advise if you have any thoughts on the proposed changes.
>>>

>>> Page:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide
>>> Under the "Testing Ambari" section, the first step should be to run
>>> "vagrant init"
>>>
>>> The link to the trunk ambari repo has moved forward from
>>>
>>> http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.1.dev/ambari.repo
>>>
>>> http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.7.0.trunk/ambari.repo
>>> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fdev.hortonworks.com%2Fambari%2Fcentos6%2F1.x%2Fupdates%2F1.6.1.dev%2Fambari.repo&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE4XPdQGD-IETCcuzGkeH2gvhAuVw>
>>>

>>> Page:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development
>>> Under the "Tools needed to build Ambari" section, there should be a
>>> couple of more prereqs:
>>> * xCode should be the first item if using Mac OS X (get it through the
>>> apple store)
>>>
>>> Tip: In order to persist your changes to the JAVA_HOME environment
>>> variable and add Maven to your path, create the following files,
>>> ~/.profile

>>> ~/.bashrc

>>> export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)
>>>

>>> The following comment needs to be propagated up to the section just
>>> before compilation.

>>> A much simpler build command is
>>> mvn clean package -DskipTests
>>>

>> Thanks,
>> Alejandro Fernandez
>>

> --
> [image: Hortonworks, Inc.] <http://hortonworks.com/> *Alejandro Fernandez
> <af...@hortonworks.com>**Engineering - Ambari*
> 786.303.7149
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Updates to Wiki

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

You now have write access to the wiki.

Yusaku

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Updates to Wiki

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Updates to Wiki

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

<af...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Requesting access to edit wiki...
>
> Thanks,
> Alejandro Fernandez
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Alejandro Fernandez <
> afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> I sent the message prematurely, revisions inline.
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Alejandro Fernandez <
>> afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I recently went through the process of setting up my development
>>> environment and would like to propose the following changes to the wiki.
>>> Please advise if you have any thoughts on the proposed changes.
>>>

>>> Page:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide
>>> Under the "Testing Ambari" section, the first step should be to run
>>> "vagrant init"
>>>
>>> The link to the trunk ambari repo has moved forward from
>>>
>>> http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.1.dev/ambari.repo
>>>
>>> http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.7.0.trunk/ambari.repo
>>> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fdev.hortonworks.com%2Fambari%2Fcentos6%2F1.x%2Fupdates%2F1.6.1.dev%2Fambari.repo&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE4XPdQGD-IETCcuzGkeH2gvhAuVw>
>>>

>>> Page:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development
>>> Under the "Tools needed to build Ambari" section, there should be a
>>> couple of more prereqs:
>>> * xCode should be the first item if using Mac OS X (get it through the
>>> apple store)
>>>
>>> Tip: In order to persist your changes to the JAVA_HOME environment
>>> variable and add Maven to your path, create the following files,
>>> ~/.profile

>>> ~/.bashrc

>>> export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)
>>>

>>> The following comment needs to be propagated up to the section just
>>> before compilation.

>>> A much simpler build command is
>>> mvn clean package -DskipTests
>>>

>> Thanks,