Posted to dev@pekko.apache.org by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org> on 2023/02/21 12:44:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] remove scripts and mentions of Lightbend release process

Hi everyone,
So far, when updating the Github and Paradox markdown files, I've tended to leave the Lightbend specific release train scripts and docs behind. Our release process will be similar but different. I think maybe, it's about time to start pruning it. It's easier if anyone wants to reference the Lightbend process to read it from the Akka repos or web site.

It's a separate discussion but I'd prefer to see the Apache Pekko release docs end up on cwiki.apache.org as opposed to in the Github repos.

Anyone with any opinions about this?

Re: [DISCUSS] remove scripts and mentions of Lightbend release process

Posted by Matthew Benedict de Detrich <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
> There is no requirement to use cwiki that I know of.  As long as the
process is documented and produces acceptable results it should be fine.

If that's the case then my preference is github for reasons stated earlier
but I also would be fine if the community decides for cwiki

Posted by "Claude Warren, Jr" <cl...@aiven.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Matthew Benedict de Detrich <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Matthew Benedict de Detrich <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>.

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org>.