Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org> on 2008/02/12 11:44:42 UTC

check out latest file - but do not overwrite current?

Hi,

I want to create a diff using latexdiff.

What I need is for a given file the latest version from svn - but I want to
save it in a temp-directory. (Or get it on STDOUT) is that possible?

I neither want to overwrite the original nor do I want to mark the file as
updated.

Jan

Re: check out latest file - but do not overwrite current?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 2/12/08, Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org> wrote:
> nicklist@planet.nl wrote:
>
> > Can't you try something with svn diff --diff-cmd latexdiff -r BASE:HEAD
>
> I'd need the full document, but it seems, that diff only outputs the changes
> (which I could use to recreate the repository revision)
>
> Is there a simpler way? I mean, IDEs like eclipse can display older
> revisions, too. How do they do that?

They use the API variant of 'svn cat -r<wanted-revision>'.

HTH,

Erik.

Re: RE: check out latest file - but do not overwrite current?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 2/12/08, Paul Koning <Pa...@dell.com> wrote:
> Svn cat?

 $ svn help cat

(in your favorite command shell).

bye,

Erik.

RE: RE: RE: check out latest file - but do not overwrite current?

Posted by "Reedick, Andrew" <jr...@ATT.COM>.

'svn export' is also useful.  As a bonus, it will save you the effort of
capturing the output of 'svn cat'.

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA623

RE: RE: check out latest file - but do not overwrite current?

Posted by Paul Koning <Pa...@Dell.com>.
Svn cat?

	paul

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.
nicklist@planet.nl wrote:

> Can't you try something with svn diff --diff-cmd latexdiff -r BASE:HEAD

I'd need the full document, but it seems, that diff only outputs the changes
(which I could use to recreate the repository revision)

Is there a simpler way? I mean, IDEs like eclipse can display older
revisions, too. How do they do that?

Jan

RE: check out latest file - but do not overwrite current?

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
Can't you try something with svn diff --diff-cmd latexdiff -r BASE:HEAD

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk