Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tomas Pollak <to...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/22 00:35:44 UTC

Avoid duplication in POM for different profiles

Hi all,

I have a inquiry regarding a best practice to avoid duplication.

I have defined two profiles for my project. Let's call them integration-test and deployment-test.
For both of them I have to copy a file to a certain location for the tests to run. This is done using the resources plugin.
They also both define the surefire settings each to run its test suite.

However the XML snippet for copying the file with the resources plugin is exactly the same. Is there a way to factor this common configuration? What's the current best practice?

Cheers,
Tomas